Monday, April 20, 2009

Bitty the cat.


Occasionally we talk about Bitty, the gigantic cat that hobbles around the apartment, smothering us with its love and affection, begging us for attention, and stealing my loose change. And since it's been a while since I've written about Bitty, the Kitty, I thought I'd talk a little about the recent oddness that we've come to love, but certainly not comprehend.

Bitty likes to sleep in the bathtub. I've never seen a cat do this... Ever. Regular cats don't seem to like areas where water can be immediately sprayed in their general direction. Have you ever seen a cat sleep next to a garden hose? fire hydrant? jacuzzi? Nope. It's uncomfortable for them. It's like a rat sleeping next to a box of rat-poison. Like superman sleeping against a mountain of kryptonite. Or like me sleeping next to a giant meat grinder, or an open bottle of liquid arsenic, or a thirsty vampire. I just wouldn't do that because of the dangers involved.

Bitty wakes us up at precisely 2:30 am, every morning to either leave, or enter the apartment. We have a few theories about that. Bitty may be involved in some bad things that we just don't want to know about.

Bitty the kitty, is also quite fat. He or she is a heavy-weight, and I think we know why. I am pretty sure that the residents of this entire apartment complex think that Bitty is their cat, and henceforth feeds Bitty regularly. This would also explain some of its late night liaisons.

And lastly, Bitty still remains genderless to us. Whatever parts may or may not exist under the belly of Bitty perhaps will be lost forever, hidden behind an impenetrable wall of fur and love.

More pictures of Bitty to come soon.