Friday, April 24, 2009

Eating Thai Food with The Beatles - Day 22

After a hard day's work of showing off my hair, it was nice to have a chill-out day with The Beatles. We went over to a friend's house for a jam session with some of our favorite songs.

After the jamming increased our appetite, we went over to Thai Town to get good, cheap Thai food. Anything that has the words "good" and "cheap" in the description never fails to catch our attention. The owners were friendly, and we got to watch Spongebob Squarepants on the t.v., so we'll probably go there again.




After Thai, the boys played video games, and I was so bored to tears that I fell asleep. Some time in between eating and video games, they stumbled upon a very funny sign in the elevator. Apparently, there is LITTLE danger of dying in aforementioned elevator. Phew! that's a relief!

Soon after I woke up, the boys decided they were too hungry to continue playing, so we went to Westwood for Subway. Apparently, Subway is now only doing the 5 dollar foot-long deal for the crappy subs... I was super traumatized. I don't think I'll ever be the same again.

The little town surrounding UCLA (I guess it's called Westwood?) was nice to look at, sort of Berkeley-esque, and luckily there weren't too many drunk college kids.

Oh! And dessert was awesome. We went to some trendy cookie/ice cream shop that sells you ice cream sandwiches made with your choice of ice cream plopped in between two freshly baked cookies....yummmmmmm. I think maybe I had an ever-so-slight stroke while eating it.

The ride home was fun because we got into a big debate about whether the movie Face Off was ridiculous or amazing. I still have to go with ridiculous.