Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Getty Villa - Day 25



After having already been to far too many museums, the Getty Villa was neither the worst nor the best. But I would say it's definitely worth seeing if you have the time and are staying in LA, and have already seen the other Getty and the Huntington. Parking is 10 dollars, just like the Getty Center, but there is no tram to take you up the hill. The entire museum is in one building, but it's large, and has a lot to offer. It's mostly filled with "antiquities" (e.g. incredibly old statues, jewelry, texts, paintings, and pottery of the Greek and Roman persuasion). It's worth a look.

Because I've run out of interesting things to say in cleverly descriptive ways, here's a bunch of pictures...


And slightly north on the PCH, one can find a Duke's restaurant. And we did. And we ate there. And the view was nice. Although I have to complain about the forced valet parking. I don't understand why you HAVE to have a valet park your car in the middle of the day when the lot is mostly empty and charge you three dollars to do it? I saved my three dollars and parked on the side of the highway.